Garlock 3-D Seal
Cartridge design, high mis-alignment seal
- Combining Garlock’s proven PS-SEAL® and expansion joint technologies into a single solution.
- A seal that leads the industry solving applications plagued with high misalignment and run out.
- Typically used on agitators and mixers.
- Wide range of available materials makes it possible to configure this seal to fit a virtually endless array of applications.
- Each seal is custom designed to an individual application, allowing Garlock to minimize the difficulty of retrofitting the equipment >> increases value and further minimizes the total cost of ownership.
- Food & Beverage
- Chemical Processing
- Vacuum Pans
- Provides excellent sealing ability, while mitigating extreme shaft movement
- Multi-lip design allows for various sealing stages and configurations (pressure/vacuum)
- Can be tailored to each unique application
Standard Materials of Construction
- 316SS housing/sleeve
- Chrome oxide sleeve coating
- PTFE expansion joint
- Lip materials in GYLON® quality
|Pressure:||up to 10 bar|
|Dry running capability:||up to 15 m/s|
25 mm total indicated runout (TIR)
25 mm total axial movement (TAM)
1) depending on product and application details
“Garlock 3-D Seal has significantly reduced maintenance time. The sealing system has been running to more than 1 year without any adjustment. We are now also able to control the vacuum pressure reliably and consistently. We are so satisfied with the result, we are now converting the remainder of their crystallizers (5 x units) to use the 3-D seal.”